Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Fistful Of Rock'N'Roll




















I was real happy to get an invite to be part of the Fistful Of R'N'R compilation series. Sal Canzonieri from Electric Frankenstein put together this sprawling series documenting the worldwide high-energy punk/rawk scene as it existed around the dawn of the 21st century, each volume decorated with eyeball-assaulting artwork from an international assortment of low-to-nobrow artistés. Due to various inane complications I had to draw and color this and my poster contribution to the first EF art book over the space of a single weekend, and considering how quickly I bashed this one out I think it turned out pretty swell. Aside from any other considerations, I was mighty pleased to have provided sleeve art for a comp featuring a track by the mighty Antiseen. This makes two Mad Martian Monsterpieces in a row here in the Rubber Room. Will I go for the trifecta? Tune in tomorrow and... Stay tuned for MORE ACTION!

1 comment:

  1. Love the inventive, playful anarchy of this one.
    Take THAT Mr. "Major Label A & R Guy"!

    ReplyDelete